- This event has passed.
Boo at Night presented by Delta Dental of Idaho
October 31, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Boo at Night is a merry-not-scary fun-fest for the whole family! This is your chance to visit and experience the zoo at night, jam-packed with Halloween decorations and lights! Boo at Night will feature a variety of fun activities such as candy stations, costume and pumpkin decorating contests, zoo keeper chats, and more! All activities will follow current COVID-19 guidelines.
Boo at Night evenings will run October 15-18, 22-25, and 29-31. Hours are 6:00pm-9:00pm with last admission at 8:00pm, daily. To limit the number of visitors in Zoo Boise at one time, a timed entry process has been implemented to promote safety and physical distancing. Advance tickets are required to secure an entry time slot.
- Tickets/Prices/General Info
Space is limited! Tickets must be purchased in advance to reserve an entry time slot. Please reserve a ticket for every person in your group, regardless of age. Time listed on ticket represents the entry time you must enter the zoo. Same day ticket sales close at 5:30pm on each event night. Coupons and zoo passes (PERK 20, Family 4-Pack, and others) are not valid for Boo at Night.
All ticket sales are non-refundable and dates and times are non-transferable.
Per person ticket prices
General (ages 12-61): $11.00
Senior (ages 62+): $8.00
Child (ages 3-11): $8.00
Infant/Toddler (Child 2 & Under): Free
Friends of Zoo Boise Member (over the age of 2)*: $5.00
Friends of Zoo Boise Conservation Circle Member*: Free (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for coupon code.)
*All memberships verified upon entry. Members must provide photo ID and membership card upon entry. Member reservations are limited to the number listed on the membership. IF YOU HAVE RESERVED A MEMBER TICKET AND ARE NOT A MEMBER, YOU WILL PAY THE DIFFERENCE AT THE FRONT GATE UPON ENTRY.
Zoo Boise is currently NOT ACCEPTING RECIPROCITY from other zoo memberships. Member reservations are for Friends of Zoo Boise members only.
- The City of Boise is closely monitoring COVID-19. Zoo Boise is following City recommended guidelines and policies for the safety of our guests, employees and animal collection. For your protection and the protection of others, we require employees and visitors to wear cloth face coverings or face masks and to practice physical distancing in our facility. If you are unable to wear a cloth face covering or face mask, we will provide alternative options to ensure the safety of our staff and other members of the public and to provide you access to our services. The only exception to the cloth face covering or face mask policy that we allow at this time is for visitors under the age of two years. For more information visit: https://www.cityofboise.org/departments/mayor/coronavirus-covid-19-information/
- For the safety of guests, animals and employees, some buildings, attractions and encounters may be closed. Availability is subject to change at any time. The following animal encounters, buildings and activities are currently closed: African Schoolhouse, Bat House, E.O. Wilson Building, Expedition Grill (front café)*, Indoor Gift Shop*, Gorongosa Aviary, Penguin Pavilion, Playground Equipment and Carousel, Sloth Bear & Giraffe Feedings, Small Animal Kingdom, and Zoo Farm.
*The Kijiji Café in the African exhibit and select concession carts will be open with limited seating available. An outdoor limited access gift shop is available for purchases near the zoo exit.
- Upon entry at the front gate, visitors will be directed counterclockwise on a one-way path through the zoo. Guests may not back-track or deviate from the path and there is no reentry.
- Guests must check-in at the front gate within the specified ticket time slot. Late entries will not be accepted.
- All guests must enter together during the specified time slot. Please ensure your entire party is present before entering the zoo.
- Conservation tokens and printed maps are temporarily unavailable. A current map can be found by going to https://zooboise.org/map.
- Boo at Night Activities
-The whole zoo is decorated with lights and Halloween decorations.
-Exploring the zoo at night.
-Costume Contest (see more info below).
-Pumpkin Decorating Contest (see more info below).
- Pumpkin Decorating Contest
Zoo Boise invites all artists and wanna be artists, young and old to participate in our pumpkin decorating contest. Pumpkins must be painted or drawn, no carving in order to last for the entire event. All decorating must be family friendly and is at the discretion of Zoo Boise.
To enter, please donate your decorated pumpkin (any size) at the Zoo Boise admission gate between October 13 – 31 during regular business hours or during Boo at Night between 6:00-8:00pm. Pumpkins will be on display at Zoo Boise during our Boo at Night event from October 15 – 31. Pumpkins will be judged on October 31 and prizes awarded soon after. Please include the information below when submitting your pumpkin. Good Luck!
CLICK HERE FOR THE PUMPKIN DECORATING CONTEST FORM
- Costume Contest
To allow for social distancing and to reduce touch points, costume contest procedures are as follows:
- Face coverings are required for ages 2 up. Halloween masks may be used but must remain over face at all times.
- Please be courteous to others and always allow for social distancing before entering stage.
- Walk across Zoo Boise stage in Centennial Plaza individually, or as a group anytime during Boo at Night Oct. 15-31 6:00-9:00 pm.
- Have someone in your group take a photo with your device. Masks may be temporarily removed while photo is taken on stage only.
- Submit photo by EMAIL by end of week.
Contestants will be judged on creativity, originality, and overall look. Finalists will be posted on social media each week of event for the public to judge. Winners will be notified and prizes awarded the following week.
By submitting photo this release statement is implied: I give my consent to use any photographs of me or my child on social media or future promotional or marketing materials.
- Booth Space Available
Boo at Night is great place to gain public awareness for your group or organization. Interested in having a booth?
- Volunteers Wanted
Looking for a fun, safe place to volunteer individually, or as a group this fall? Look no further than Boo at night!
Boo at Night is a family friendly event where guests will stroll along a lighted path at the zoo. There will be lots of fun for all ages including candy stations, activity stations, costume contests and more! All stations will be set up to allow for social distancing of at least 6 feet between volunteers and visitors. Visitors, staff and volunteers will be following all City of Boise Covid-19 guidelines including mandatory mask usage.
Interested in helping at Boo at Night? Volunteers are needed in a variety of areas. For more information or to register, please send us an EMAIL.