October 29 & 30 from 10AM – 5PM, last admission at 4PM
Join Zoo Boise for the best family Halloween event in town! This year, Boo at the Zoo presented by Delta Dental of Idaho is happening for two days – Saturday, October 29 and Sunday, October 30. There will be trick or treat candy stations, costume contests for all ages, vendors, photo ops, face painting, special Halloween themed treats for the zoo animals, and much more!
- Admission Prices
General (ages 12 – 61) – $12
Senior (ages 62+) – $9
Kids (ages 3 – 11) – $9
Children 2 and under – Free
Zoo Members – Free
Pre-purchased tickets are not required. Annual members are always free (with pass and photo ID) and will have a special entrance gate. Members do not need tickets but do need to check in at the gate.
- Costume Contest and Animal Enrichment Schedules
Costume Contest Schedule:
11:00AM – ages 2 & under
12:00PM – ages 3 – 5
12:45PM – ages 6 – 9
1:30PM – ages 10 & up
2:00PM – family/multi-person group
2:30PM – ages 2 & under
3:00PM – ages 3 – 7
3:30PM – ages 8 & up
Animal Enrichment Schedule:
Saturday, October 29:
10:30AM – Lion
11:00AM – Snow Leopard
11:30AM – Warthog
12:00PM – Sand cat
12:30PM – Capybara (by penguins)
1:00PM – Sloth Bear
1:30PM – Wild Dog
2:00PM – Aldabra Tortoise
2:30PM – Pied Crow & Crowned Crane
3:00PM – Gibbon
3:30PM – Patas Monkey
4:00PM – Southern Ground Hornbill (Plaza)
Sunday, October 30:
10:30AM – Vervet Monkey & Otter
11:00AM – Red Panda (across from tiger)
11:30AM – Penguin
12:00PM – Zoo Farm
12:30PM – Zebra
1:00PM – Maned Wolf
1:30PM – Bat Eared Fox
2:00PM – Anteater
2:30PM – Nyala
3:00PM – Spider Monkey
3:30PM – Baboon
4:00PM – Rhea
- Boo at the Zoo Event Map
- Boo at the Zoo Costume Regulations
Boo at the Zoo is a family event geared for children 0-12 years. Costumes are welcome and encouraged at this event, however, to ensure the safety of our guests and the well-being of our animals, some conditions apply:
- All costumes must be family friendly and may not be considered offensive.
- Event entry is at the discretion of Zoo Boise staff. If found inappropriate, guests may be asked to remove costume or leave the zoo.
- If a costume is found to be agitating an animal or if a guest is intentionally disturbing any animals, a guest may be asked to leave.
- Any person reported as engaging with other guests in an inappropriate manner could be asked to leave, and if warranted law enforcement may be contacted.
- Guests over the age of 12 are prohibited from concealing their faces with a costume, mask, or accessories in any manner while visiting the zoo.
- Exception: Guests over 12 who are participating in the official Zoo Boise Costume Contest may cover their face for the periods immediately prior to, during, and immediately after the contest.
- Exception: Medical masks which cover the nose and mouth are acceptable.
- Zoo Boise management reserves the right to ask anyone to remove masks.
- Free Shuttle Info
The free Boo at the Zoo shuttle to/from the Ann Morrison Park Softball Fields will run during Boo at the Zoo on Saturday, October 29 and Sunday, October 30. Shuttle service will run every 15 to 20 minutes starting at 10AM and stopping both days at 5PM (last admission to Zoo Boise is 4PM).
Directions and Map from Zoo Boise to Ann Morrison Park Softball Fields: