Thank you for your patience as we have worked to create a plan for the safe reopening of Zoo Boise. Boise Mayor McLean announced that Zoo Boise will reopen to the public on Monday, June 22. In order to protect you and your family and to keep our animals safe and healthy, there will be a number of new guidelines that will make your next zoo visit a little different:
- Advance tickets will be required for all visitors, including members (member tickets are free). Tickets will only be available online starting next week. The zoo will be open from 10am to 5pm daily with entry times available every 30 minutes from 10am to 4pm to reduce lines and allow for physical distancing among guests.
- There will be a set pathway around the zoo and some exhibits and activities will not be open. Notable closures will be the Small Animal Kingdom, Penguin Pavilion and all playground areas. There will be no animal encounters including the Giraffe Encounter and Zoo Farm.
We appreciate your patience as we finalize all of the details for reopening your zoo. Please visit www.zooboise.org on June 15 for more information on our new guidelines and to reserve your tickets.
Thank you for your support. We can’t wait to welcome you back to the zoo – our staff and the animals have missed you!
Looking for a wild place to host your next private party or corporate event? Look no further! Zoo Boise is available for private group rentals, after regular operating hours.
What better way to celebrate with family and friends or to thank your employees than to have Zoo Boise open for them after hours? Add great food and exciting activities and you are sure to have an event everyone remembers!
Upon reopening, Zoo Boise will be available for private after hours events Wednesday through Saturday from 6:00-9:00 pm. Group size will be limited to 225 guests until further notice. Groups exceeding the 225 person maximum may consider multi-night events. During the phased reopening, all indoor exhibits will be closed to the public, however most animals will be visible from outdoors.
Zoo Boise is doing everything possible to insure the safety of our staff, as well as daily visitors, and guests of private after-hour events. Our staff will use appropriate protective wear at all times, but it will be up to the individual visitor if they wish to do so.
We are complying with all state, city, and CDC guidelines.
- Events at the zoo are held rain or shine, and are not refunded due to weather.
- Rental fees include admission to Zoo Boise for the evening, conservation fee, parking, and security.
- Zoo Boise’s preferred caterer, Taste of the Wild, is available for your catering and bar service needs. The catering manager can be reached at 208-608-7761 or by email. No outside caterers are permitted.
- Zoo Boise event facilities are shown by appointment only. If you would like to schedule a walk-through, or need further information, please contact the rental coordinator by calling 208-608-7744 or email.
- Evening Rental Price List
Group Size Prices
For groups of more than 225 please consult our event coordinator.
Evening rental prices include all attendees ages 0 and up. Annual passes may not be applied to rental fee.
All prices are subject to 6% Idaho Sales Tax. Tax exempt organizations must provide ST-101 to rental coordinator at time of reservation.
- Catering Menu
- Table & Chair Rentals
Zoo Boise has non-movable tables and chairs to accommodate 180 guests in our event plaza. Use of these items is included in your rental fee.
Should you require additional seating in the plaza, or if you decide to set up in another location, we also have a limited amount of tables and chairs available to rent.
Available items are:
5ft round tables (12) $7.00 each
6ft rectangle tables (8) $7.00 each
30in bistro tables (18) $8.00 each
Folding chairs (120) $1.00 each
Linens are available through Taste of the Wild Catering Company.
Any additional needs will be your responsibility to arrange through a rental company.
If your group or organization is interested in potentially renting Zoo Boise for an afterhours event, please complete this short questionnaire.
Once the questionnaire has been submitted, you will be notified as to whether or not your preferred date is available. If not, you will be given other options. When your date and amenities have been confirmed, a contract will be created for your review. Once agreement is in place, you will be invoiced. A 50% deposit is due at that time to secure your reservation. Remaining balance is due 5 business days prior to scheduled event.