Thank you for your patience as we have worked to create a plan for the safe reopening of Zoo Boise. Boise Mayor McLean announced that Zoo Boise will reopen to the public on Monday, June 22. In order to protect you and your family and to keep our animals safe and healthy, there will be a number of new guidelines that will make your next zoo visit a little different:
- Advance tickets will be required for all visitors, including members (member tickets are free). Tickets will only be available online starting next week. The zoo will be open from 10am to 5pm daily with entry times available every 30 minutes from 10am to 4pm to reduce lines and allow for physical distancing among guests.
- There will be a set pathway around the zoo and some exhibits and activities will not be open. Notable closures will be the Small Animal Kingdom, Penguin Pavilion and all playground areas. There will be no animal encounters including the Giraffe Encounter and Zoo Farm.
We appreciate your patience as we finalize all of the details for reopening your zoo. Please visit www.zooboise.org on June 15 for more information on our new guidelines and to reserve your tickets.
Thank you for your support. We can’t wait to welcome you back to the zoo – our staff and the animals have missed you!
Looking for a wild place to host your next private party or corporate event? Look no further! Zoo Boise is available for private group rentals, after regular operating hours.
What better way to celebrate with family and friends or to thank your employees than to have Zoo Boise open for them after hours? Add great food and exciting activities and you are sure to have an event everyone remembers!
Zoo Boise is doing everything possible to insure the safety of our staff, as well as daily visitors, and guests of private after-hour events. Our staff will use appropriate protective wear at all times.
We are complying with all state, county, city and CDC guidelines.
- Events at the zoo are held rain or shine, and are not refunded due to weather.
- Rental fees include admission to Zoo Boise for the evening, conservation fee, parking, and security.
- Zoo Boise’s preferred caterer, Taste of the Wild, is available for your catering and bar service needs. The catering manager can be reached at 208-608-7761 or by email. No outside caterers are permitted.
- Zoo Boise event facilities are shown by appointment only. If you would like to schedule a walk-through, or need further information, please contact the rental coordinator by calling 208-608-7744 or email.
If your group or organization is interested in potentially renting Zoo Boise for an afterhours event, please complete this short questionnaire.
Once the questionnaire has been submitted, you will be notified as to whether or not your preferred date is available. If not, you will be given other options. When your date and amenities have been confirmed, a contract will be created for your review. Once agreement is in place, you will be invoiced. A 50% deposit is due at that time to secure your reservation. Remaining balance is due 5 business days prior to scheduled event.