Looking for a wild place to host your next private party or corporate event? Look no further! Zoo Boise is available for private group rentals, after regular operating hours.
What better way to celebrate with family and friends or to thank your employees than to have Zoo Boise open for them after hours? Add great food and exciting activities and you are sure to have an event everyone remembers! Zoo Boise is also available for weddings with extended hours and amenities, Please refer to Weddings at the Zoo for more information.
- Zoo Boise Use Policies
- Private events at Zoo Boise are from 5:30pm – 9:00pm in the summer season. End times are adjusted according to sunset times in the shoulder seasons. Please refer Rental Cost for dates. All clean up and exit of guests is required by event end time.
- Early entrance for set up or decorating must be arranged in advance through the Zoo Boise Event Coordinator. A limit of five people are allowed for early entrance. People and supplies must be gathered and enter at one time. Renter shall supply transport of all items. Zoo staff and equipment are not available for use. Delivery of items prior to event day must be confirmed with Zoo Boise Event Coordinator and may not happen before 4:00pm one day in advance.
- Rental fees include admission to Zoo Boise for the evening, conservation fee, parking, and security. Zoo memberships do not apply to rentals.
- Zoo Boise event facilities are shown by appointment only. If you would like to schedule a facility tour, or need further information, please contact the rental coordinator by calling 208-608-7744 or email.
- Tables and chairs to accommodate approximately 180 guests are available for use in Conservation Plaza. These are included in the basic rental fee. If additional items are needed, or used in another portion of the zoo a rental fee will apply.
- Amplified sound is available at no additional cost. We have three systems available. All Zoo, Conservation Plaza, and Gorongosa National Park Exhibit.
- Sound levels are at the discretion of zoo staff and shall not in any way disturb animals.
- Renter shall supply any and all devices needed to play music.
- Sound permits are available through Boise Parks at https://www.cityofboise.org/departments/parks-and-recreation/ and ensure priority within Julia Davis Park.
- DJ’s and Live music are permitted. They must adhere to all sound level restrictions and must coordinate with the Zoo Boise Event Coordinator for entrance and set up at the zoo.
Food and Alcohol
- All food and alcohol, including water and snacks, served at a private event must be arranged through Zoo Boise’s preferred caterer, Taste. The catering department can be reached at 208-608-7761. No outside food or caterers are permitted onsite.
- Individuals under 21 years of age will not be allowed to consume or possess any alcohol.
- Zoo Boise and Taste Catering reserves the right to “cut off” alcohol consumption at any time if deemed necessary.
- All beer and alcohol is to remain within the gates of Zoo Boise.
- All alcohol distribution will end ½ hour prior to end of event.
Decorations -Promotional Materials
- No Balloons are allowed on zoo grounds. This includes arches and bouquets.
- Sparklers or open flame decorations are not allowed. All candles must be battery operated.
- All decorations must be in public spaces. No items may be attached to animal exhibits or behind fencing.
- Hanging items from any fire sprinkler or light fixture is strictly prohibited.
- Using tape, tacks, nails or staples must be approved in advance by Zoo Boise’s Event Coordinator.
- All items must be removed by event end time. Any items not taken at end of event are not the responsibility of Zoo Boise.
Facility and Grounds
- Alteration of zoo property is prohibited. Facility is accepted in its “as is” condition.
- All outside animals with the exception of service animals are prohibited onsite. Emotional support or comfort animals are not permitted.
- Smoking and vaping are prohibited on zoo property.
- Vehicles may be pulled to gate for off loading but may not be driven inside the zoo.
Deposits, Refunds and Cancellations
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is required within two weeks of contract/invoice date. Balance is due one week prior to event date.
- Cancellations must be submitted in writing to the Zoo Boise Event Coordinator.
- Refunds will be issued less the 50% non-refundable deposit by check within 14 days of cancellation notice.
- Inclement weather conditions due not warrant cancellation or refunds.
- Cancellation of event by Zoo Boise may be made a any time if COVID-19 mandates prohibit gatherings related to scheduled event. If rescheduling is not an option, full refunds will be issued.
- Zoo Rental Cost
Summer Price Schedule: May – Labor Day
After-hour private events begin at 5:30pm and end at 9:00pm.
Group Size Thur – Sat Sun – Wed 0-99 $1,350 $1,150 100-299 $3,300 $2,800 300-599 $3,800 $3,300 600-999 $4,500 $4,000 1000-1499 $5,500 $5,000
For groups of more than 1,500 please consult our event coordinator.
Shoulder Season Schedule: March – April & Labor Day – October
After-hour private events begin at 5:30pm and end a half hour after official sunset time.
Group Size Thur – Sat Sun – Wed 0-99 $1,200 $1,000 100-299 $2,800 $2,300 300-599 $3,500 $3,000 600-999 $3,800 $3,300 1000-1499 $4,500 $4,000
For groups of more than 1,500 please consult our event coordinator.
Winter Price Schedule: November – February
Gorongosa National Park Exhibit Only
After-hour private events begin at 5:30pm and end at 8:30pm.
Group Size Thur – Sat Sun – Wed 0-100 $1,000 $800 101-250 $1,500 $1,200
Rental prices include all attendees ages 0 and up. Annual passes may not be applied to rental fee.
All prices are subject to 6% Idaho Sales Tax. Tax exempt organizations must provide ST-101 to rental coordinator at time of reservation.
- Catering Menu
- Table & Chair Rentals
Zoo Boise has non-movable tables and chairs to accommodate 180 guests in our event plaza. Use of these items is included in your rental fee.
Should you require additional seating in the plaza, or if you decide to set up in another location, we also have a limited amount of tables and chairs available to rent.
Available items are:
5ft round tables (12) $7.00 each
6ft rectangle tables (8) $7.00 each
30in bistro tables (18) $8.00 each
Folding chairs (120) $1.00 each
Linens are available through Taste Catering.
Any additional needs will be your responsibility to arrange through a rental company.
- Optional Amenities
If you would like to include even more fun activities to your evening at Zoo Boise we have several options to choose from. These activities are offered at specific times and could overlap with event programing. Please see times below. Not all amenities are available during shoulder seasons and none are offered during the winter season.
Butterflies in Bloom: $150 (available June 1st through Labor Day only)
You and your guests walk along a path inside the butterfly house as the butterflies fly around, and potentially land on you (This is not an interactive exhibit – guests are not allowed to touch the butterflies). Butterflies are less active in the evening, therefore this exhibit is only available 5:30pm – 7:00pm.
Conservation Cruise: $275 up to 299 people; $375 for 300+ people (available May through September only)
Unlimited rides for you and your guests on the Conservation Cruise. The cruise takes visitors across the lagoon to the African Plains. All children under 15 years old are required to wear provided life jackets. Hours of operation are 5:30pm – 8:30pm.
Face Painting and Temporary Tattoo Station: $150
ZooTeen volunteers will provide face painting or temporary tattoos for guests of all ages during your rental from 5:30pm – 8:30pm.
Zoo Boise Carousel: $275 – $375
Unlimited rides for you and your guests on the Zoo Boise carousel from 5:30pm – 8:30pm.
Cost: $275 up to 299 guests, $375 for 300+ guests.
Must be booked through Taste Catering.
Zoo Farm: $50
At the Zoo Farm guests can pet our zoo animals through a fence. Fee covers staffing and farm food for up to 100 feedings per event from 5:30pm – 7:30pm on a first come first serve basis.
Cotton Candy & Pop Corn*:
See Catering Menu above.
* Cotton Candy and Pop Corn are booked/invoiced separately through Taste Catering.
If your group or organization is interested in potentially renting Zoo Boise for an afterhours event, please complete this short questionnaire.
Once the questionnaire has been submitted, you will be notified as to whether or not your preferred date is available. If not, you will be given other options. When your date and amenities have been confirmed, a contract will be created for your review. Once agreement is in place, you will be invoiced. A 50% deposit is due at that time to secure your reservation. Remaining balance is due 5 business days prior to scheduled event.