Nestled within Julia Davis Park and downtown Boise, Zoo Boise offers a unique and exotic venue for your wedding. Your guests will be in awe at Zoo Boise’s natural setting, amazing onsite catering, and the personal service you’ll receive by our event staff. With one-of-a-kind exclusive animal and photo experiences at an affordable price, Zoo Boise is the perfect venue for your special day.
A Zoo Boise wedding isn’t just beautiful, unique, and fun, but it helps to protect wildlife all over the world. Since 2007, Zoo Boise has generated $3 million to protect wildlife in Idaho and all over the world. Learn more about our revolutionary conservation programs by visiting our conservation page.
- Zoo Boise Use Policies
- The Zoo Boise Wedding Package includes extended rental time, private bridal tent, and cheese board with champagne or sparkling cider (if catering is included). When booking the wedding package Zoo Boise is available from 5:30pm – 10:00pm in the summer season. Guests will have access to the whole zoo during summer season. If booking during shoulder seasons guests have access to all of zoo until sunset and will then be required to stay in Conservation Plaza until the event end time. Bookings during the winter season have access to Gorongosa National Park Exhibit only. Please refer to Rental Cost for dates. All clean up and exit of guests is required by event end time.
- Early entrance for set up or decorating must be arranged in advance through the Zoo Boise Event Coordinator. A limit of five people are allowed for early entrance. People and supplies must be gathered and enter at one time. Renter shall supply transport of all items. Zoo staff and equipment are not available for use. Delivery of items prior to event day must be confirmed with Zoo Boise Event Coordinator and may not happen before 4:00pm one day in advance. Early entrance for photos is limited to wedding party and photographer staff. Friends and extended family members must wait for event start time.
- Rental fees include admission to Zoo Boise for the evening, conservation fee, parking, and security. Parking is on a first come first serve basis within Julia Davis Park and cannot be reserved to zoo guests. Zoo memberships do not apply to private events.
- Tables and chairs to accommodate approximately 180 guests are available for use in Conservation Plaza. These are included in the basic rental fee. Up to four tables may be used at no additional cost if needed for cake, gifts, guest book, and DJ. These must be reserved through the Zoo Boise Event Coordinator in advance. If additional items are needed, or used in another portion of the zoo a rental/service fee will apply.
- Zoo Boise has several beautiful and intimate places to hold your ceremony and take photographs. By scheduling a facility tour our staff can point out the favorite spots for you to choose from. Receptions in the summer and shoulder seasons must be held in Conservation Plaza. Zoo Boise event facilities are shown by appointment only. If you would like to schedule a facility tour, or need further information, please contact the rental coordinator by calling 208-608-7744 or email.
- Amplified sound is available at no additional cost. We have three systems available. All Zoo, Conservation Plaza, and Gorongosa National Park Exhibit.
- Sound levels are at the discretion of zoo staff and shall not in any way disturb animals.
- Renter shall supply any and all devices needed to play music.
- Sound permits are available through Boise Parks at https://www.cityofboise.org/departments/parks-and-recreation/ and ensure priority within Julia Davis Park.
- DJ’s and Live music are permitted. They must adhere to all sound level restrictions and must coordinate with the Zoo Boise Event Coordinator for entrance and set up at the zoo.
Food and Alcohol
- All food and alcohol, including water and snacks, served at a private event must be arranged through Zoo Boise’s preferred caterer, Taste Catering. The catering department can be reached at 208-608-7761 or by email. No outside food or caterers are permitted onsite with the exception of wedding cakes.
- Individuals under 21 years of age will not be allowed to consume or possess any alcohol.
- Zoo Boise and Taste Catering reserves the right to “cut off” alcohol consumption at any time if deemed necessary.
- All beer and alcohol is to remain within the gates of Zoo Boise.
- All alcohol distribution will end a half hour prior to end of event.
- No Balloons are allowed on zoo grounds. This includes arches and bouquets.
- Sparklers or open flame decorations are not allowed. All candles must be battery operated.
- All decorations must be in public spaces. No items may be attached to animal exhibits or behind fencing.
- Hanging items from any fire sprinkler or light fixture is strictly prohibited.
- Using tape, tacks, nails or staples must be approved in advance by the Zoo Boise Event Coordinator.
- Confetti, rice, and artificial flower pedals are prohibited.
- All items must be removed by event end time. Any items not taken at end of event are not the responsibility of Zoo Boise.
Facility and Grounds
- Alteration of zoo property is prohibited. Facility is accepted in its “as is” condition.
- All outside animals with the exception of service animals are prohibited onsite. Emotional support or comfort animals are not permitted.
- Smoking and vaping are prohibited on zoo property.
- Vehicles may be pulled to gate for offloading but may not be driven inside the zoo.
Deposits, Refunds and Cancellations
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is required within two weeks of contract/invoice date. Balance is due one week prior to event date.
- Cancellations must be submitted in writing to the Zoo Boise Event Coordinator.
- Refunds will be issued less the 50% non-refundable deposit by check within 14 days of cancellation notice.
- Inclement weather conditions due not warrant cancellation or refunds.
- Cancellation of event by Zoo Boise may be made at any time if COVID-19 mandates prohibit gatherings related to scheduled event. If rescheduling is not an option, full refunds will be issued.
- Wedding Venue Cost
Summer Price Schedule: May – Labor Day
Group Size Thur – Sat Sun – Wed 0-99 $1,650 $1,350 100-299 $3,500 $3,200 300-599 $4,000 $3,500 600-999 $5,000 $4,500 1000-1499 $6,000 $5,500
For groups of more than 1,500 please consult our event coordinator.
Shoulder Season Schedule: March – April & Labor Day – October
Group Size Thur – Sat Sun – Wed 0-99 $1,350 $1,200 100-299 $3,200 $3,000 300-599 $3,500 $3,200 600-999 $4,500 $4,000 1000-1499 $5,500 $5,000
For groups of more than 1,500 please consult our event coordinator.
Winter Price Schedule: November – February
Gorongosa National Park Exhibit Only
Group Size Thur – Sat Sun – Wed 0-100 $1,000 $800 101-250 $1,500 $1,200
*Wedding package includes: extended rental time, private bridal tent, and a cheese board with champagne or sparkling cider (when catering is included).
Wedding venue costs include all attendees ages 0 and up. Annual passes may not be applied to rental fee. All afterhour private events begin at 5:30pm and end at 10:00pm.
All prices are subject to 6% Idaho Sales Tax. Tax exempt organizations must provide ST-101 to rental coordinator at time of reservation.
- Catering Menu
- Table & Chair Rentals
Zoo Boise has non-movable tables and chairs to accommodate 180 guests in our event plaza. Use of these items is included in your rental fee.
Should you require additional seating in the plaza, or if you decide to set up in another location, we also have a limited amount of tables and chairs available to rent.
Available items are:
5ft round tables (12) $7.00 each
6ft rectangle tables (8) $7.00 each
30in bistro tables (18) $8.00 each
Folding chairs (120) $1.00 each
Linens are available through Taste Catering.
Any additional needs will be your responsibility to arrange through a rental company.
- Optional Amenities
If you would like to include even more fun activities to your evening at Zoo Boise we have several options to choose from. These activities are offered at specific times and could overlap with event programing. Please see times below. Not all amenities are available during shoulder seasons and none are available during the winter season.
Butterflies in Bloom: $150 (available June 1st through Labor Day only)
You and your guests walk along a path inside the butterfly house as the butterflies fly around, and potentially land on you (This is not an interactive exhibit – guests are not allowed to touch the butterflies). Butterflies are less active in the evening, therefore this exhibit is only available from 5:30pm – 7:00pm.
Conservation Cruise: $275 up to 299 people; $375 for 300+ people (available May through September only)
Unlimited rides for you and your guests on the Conservation Cruise. The cruise takes visitors across the lagoon to the African Plains. All children under 15 years old are required to wear provided life jackets. Hours of operation are 5:30pm – 8:30pm.
Face Painting and Temporary Tattoo Station: $150
ZooTeen volunteers will provide face painting or temporary tattoos for guests of all ages during your rental from 5:30pm – 8:30pm.
Zoo Boise Carousel: $275 – $375
Unlimited rides for you and your guests on the Zoo Boise carousel from 5:30pm – 8:30pm.
Cost: $275 up to 299 guests, $375 for 300+ guests.
Must be booked through Taste Catering.
Zoo Farm: $50
At the Zoo Farm guests can pet our zoo animals through a fence. Fee covers staffing and farm food for up to 300 feedings per event from 5:30pm – 7:30pm.
Cotton Candy & Pop Corn*:
See Catering Menu above.
* Cotton Candy and Pop Corn are booked/invoiced separately through the catering department.
If you are interested in possibly having your wedding at Zoo Boise please complete this short questionnaire.
Once the questionnaire has been submitted, you will be notified as to whether or not your preferred date is available. If not, you will be given other options. When your date and amenities have been confirmed, a contract will be created for your review. Once agreement is in place, you will be invoiced. A 50% deposit is due at that time to secure your reservation. Remaining balance is due 5 business days prior to scheduled event.