More than 350,000 guests come through Zoo Boise’s gates each year. We depend on volunteers to provide a fun, educational, and conservation-driven experience for each and every person that comes to Zoo Boise.
ZooCrew Volunteers – Ages 10+
ZooCrew volunteer groups will aid in the landscaping needs of Zoo Boise. Groups will select one term to commit to and will help provide landscaping maintenance in a specific section of the zoo each time they come in.Learn More about ZooCrew Here
Zoo Boise hosts a variety of special events throughout the year including Easter EGGstravaganza and Boo at the Zoo. We rely on our community volunteers to make these events a success!
For more information on how to become a special events volunteer, contact the Volunteer Coordinator today. Materials fees are not required for volunteering at special events. Volunteers must be at least 13 years old. Please contact at least two weeks in advance.
Community Service Group Projects
Are you part of an organization, such as a work, youth, or school group that is interested in a Community Service Project? Zoo Boise frequently has exhibit enhancement and landscaping projects available.
We currently can accommodate groups during the following times (excluding special events):
- Tuesdays: 9AM – 12PM or 1PM – 4PM
- Saturdays: 9AM – 12PM or 1PM – 4PM
Group Volunteer Policies
Groups interested in volunteering at Zoo Boise must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Contact Zoo Boise at least 6 weeks prior to your volunteer project
- Volunteers must be 10 years or older
- We can accommodate up to 10 people per group
- For volunteers under the age of 18, the group must provide one adult chaperone to every 5 youth. Chaperones are responsible for youth at all times
- Group volunteers must identify a group coordinator that is responsible for the safety and well-being of group members, including providing the coordination and supervision for the group while volunteering. The group coordinator should be present with the group through the entirety of the volunteer project.
- It is the responsibility of the group coordinator to complete and submit the Group Volunteer Waiver (provided by Zoo Boise) by the start of the project
- The group understands that they will not receive any monetary compensation for their volunteer services
To begin the process for group participation, please fill out this application.COMMUNITY SERVICE GROUP PROJECT APPLICATION