Halloween is the best time of year at Zoo Boise. We have events for the whole family and ones just for adults. Check out our Halloween events below.
For the Family
- Boo at the Zoo - October 29 & 30
October 29 & 30 from 10AM – 5PM, last admission at 4PM
Join Zoo Boise for the best family Halloween event in town! This year, Boo at the Zoo presented by Delta Dental of Idaho is happening for two days – Saturday, October 29 and Sunday, October 30. There will be trick or treat candy stations, costume contests for all ages, vendors, photo ops, face painting, special Halloween themed treats for the zoo animals, and much more!
Cost per person:
General (ages 12 – 61) – $12
Senior (ages 62+) – $9
Kids (ages 3 – 11) – $9
Children 2 and under – Free
Zoo Members – Free
Click Here to Prepurchase Tickets
Pre-purchased tickets are not required. Annual members are always free (with pass and photo ID) and will have a special entrance gate. Members do not need tickets but do need to check in at the gate.
Boo at the Zoo Costume Regulations
Boo at the Zoo is a family event geared for children 0-12 years. Costumes are welcome and encouraged at this event, however, to ensure the safety of our guests and the well-being of our animals, some conditions apply:
- All costumes must be family friendly and may not be considered offensive.
- Event entry is at the discretion of Zoo Boise staff. If found inappropriate, guests may be asked to remove costume or leave the zoo.
- If a costume is found to be agitating an animal or if a guest is intentionally disturbing any animals, a guest may be asked to leave.
- Any person reported as engaging with other guests in an inappropriate manner could be asked to leave, and if warranted law enforcement may be contacted.
- Guests over the age of 12 are prohibited from concealing their faces with a costume, mask, or accessories in any manner while visiting the zoo.
- Exception: Guests over 12 who are participating in the official Zoo Boise Costume Contest may cover their face for the periods immediately prior to, during, and immediately after the contest.
- Exception: Medical masks which cover the nose and mouth are acceptable.
- Zoo Boise management reserves the right to ask anyone to remove masks.
For Adults Only (21+)
- Boo and Brews - October 21
Admission will be available at the gate tonight beginning at 5:30PM. Online presale reservations have ended.
Friday, October 21 from 5:30PM – 8:30PM
Don’t miss a ghoulish evening at Zoo Boise! Boo & Brews is a Halloween-themed event for adults featuring local breweries, special food menu, music, and zoo experiences (including African Wild Dog zipline feeding). Enjoy limited access to the zoo while sampling beer, wine, and cider from local breweries. This is an adult event. All guests must be at least 21 years old and present a valid photo ID.
Costumes are encouraged and prizes will be awarded to costume contest winners – based on originality, detail, and creativity! There is limited space so get your tickets today.
Cost per person:
General In-person – $50 and includes two drink tickets for 6oz. pours.
General – $45 and includes two drink tickets for 6oz. pours.
VIP – $75 and includes early admission in private space, four drink tickets for 6oz. pours, special Halloween welcome drink, and appetizer.
• Additional drink tickets will be available to purchase for $4.50 each or $22.00 for four with souvenir cup (6oz. pour).
• Food will be available for purchase. Outside food is not permitted.
• No babies or children will be permitted.
• Guests without valid ID will not be permitted.
• Some portions of the zoo will not be accessible.
A Wizardly Adult Only Program (18+)
- Fantastic Creatures - October 27
Thursday, October 27 from 6PM – 8PM
Our head wizard needs your help! Join other magizoologists to learn about the crazy creatures in Zoo Boise’s collection. Who is your patronus? Be it a lion, badger, or eagle, all houses (even you snakes) are welcome! Come join us for an evening of learning and fun. Program will include up-close animal encounters but please note, no boa constrictors will be released during this program.
You must be 18 years of age or older to attend. Cost per person is $25. If a zoo member, send us an EMAIL to receive the discount code.
Learn more and see the entire lineup of fall zoo programs at https://zooboise.org/education-programs/current-zoo-programs/.
Zoo Boise education programs are sponsored by: