Zoo Boise, along with our season sponsor U.S. Bank, is giving away a Zoo Boise family membership to one youth (under the age of 18) who focuses their efforts on protecting wildlife, preserving habitat, or conserving our natural resources. Nominate someone by tagging or naming them on our Facebook or Instagram contest post and leaving a comment on why they deserve to be chosen.
Does your sibling always pick up garbage? Does your child have a wildlife conservation blog? Does your best friend have a pollinator garden? Who do you know? Nominate someone on either the Facebook or Instagram contest post.
- Official Contest Rules
Zoo Boise Youth Conservation Contest
(1) No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase a person’s odds of winning with an entry.
(2) The Zoo Boise Youth Conservation contest (the “contest”) is open to anyone; provided that the following persons are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes: (a) the employees of Zoo Boise and the employees, officers, directors, partners, equity holders, shareholders, members, and (b) agents of U.S. Bank, National Association (“U.S. Bank”), and their respective immediate family members (spouse, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren) and members of their same households (whether legally related or not). The decisions of Zoo Boise, including but not limited to eligibility of participants and selection of the winners, are final and binding on all matters relating to the contest. By participating in the contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these “Official Rules.”
(3) Contest entry period: The Sweepstakes entry begins at 11:00 a.m. Mountain Standard Time (“MST”) on June 24, 2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. MST on July 1, 2021 (“Contest Entry Period”). Zoo Boise’s computer is the official timekeeper of the Contest. After the contest entry period, finalists will be chosen by Zoo Boise staff and voting will happen on Zoo Boise’s Instagram and Facebook page’s posts.
(4) HOW TO ENTER: Individuals can enter online by visiting the Zoo Boise Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/zooboise or https://www.instagram.com/zooboise, and submit their nomination through a message, wall post, or response to a contest posting. Once submitted, all entries become the exclusive property of the Zoo Boise, and will not be acknowledged. All entries or other disclosures associated with participating in the Contest are communications to Zoo Boise, and are not communications to Facebook or Instagram. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Zoo Boise. Zoo Boise is not responsible for entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules, and such entries will be discarded. No responsibility is assumed for technical, electronic, telephone, hardware, software, network computer or data transmission errors, malfunctions or difficulties of any kind. One entry per person.
(5) WINNERS: On or about July 2, 2021, Zoo Boise will select two to five contest finalists who they feel best meets the guidelines of the contest from all eligible entries. Voting period to determine contest winner will follow finalist selections. Purchase will not increase odds of winning. The name of the contest winner will be posted on the Zoo Boise’s Facebook page.
(6) PRIZES: The contest winner will receive the following: an annual Zoo Boise Household membership. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the grand prize is $100.00.
(7) All prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable by winner to any other person, including relatives or friends, without the consent of Zoo Boise. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Zoo Boise in its sole discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change. In the event a prize is unavailable, Zoo Boise reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value. Unless otherwise stated herein, all prizes are awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). All expenses not specifically mentioned herein, including but not limited to federal, state and local taxes, travel to and from Zoo Boise, souvenirs, parking, and food and beverage are solely the winner’s responsibility. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited. One prize per person. The prize is not redeemable for cash.
(8) By entering, each entrant agrees to follow these Official Rules and to release, hold harmless and indemnify Zoo Boise, U.S. Bank, Facebook and all others associated with the manufacture, distribution, development and execution of this contest and prizes (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, liability, injury, expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), damage, loss or causes of action (however named or described) that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from: (i) entrant’s participation in the Contest; (ii) the delivery, misdelivery, receipt, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes awarded in the Contest; (iii) the use of a winner’s name, photograph and/or likeness as permitted herein, including, without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy; (iv) entrant’s actual or alleged misappropriation or infringement of proprietary, protected, trademarked, copyrighted or other intellectual property; (v) any travel or activity related to the receipt, use or misuse of the prizes, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death and/or property damage; and/or (vi) any other claims that relate in any way to the Contest. Additionally, the Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof or inability to continue the Sweepstakes, by reason of any act of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, kidnapping, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute, lockout, work slowdown or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, vandalism, or any other cause beyond the control of any Released Party. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Zoo Boise may be disqualified. Zoo Boise reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual feared to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be found acting in violation of the Official Rules, or who is believed to be undermining or attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest.
(9) In consideration for being awarded a prize, winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of the winner’s name, photograph, biographical information and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by Zoo Boise and U.S. Bank, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and designees. Winner assumes all liability and risk for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this contest or the receipt, use or misuse of any prize. If winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or if a winner cannot attend or participate in any portion of the prize, or declines a prize for any reason prior to the award, such winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
U.S. Bank National Association
800 Nicollet Mall,
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55402
355 Julia Davis Drive
Boise, ID 83702
The contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Google.