NonProfit Group Rate Options
Public schools, private schools, and nonprofit homeschool groups may be eligible to receive a discounted nonprofit rate of $5 per person. This nonprofit rate applies to the teachers, chaperones, and students.
For-profit daycares, preschools, and homeschools do not qualify for this discount and are required to pay regular admission prices.
To receive the nonprofit group admission rate, a reservation must be submitted in advance. Day of walk ups are not accepted for the discounted rate.
Registered 501c3 Non-profit Organizations Serving Youth
Registered 501c3 nonprofit organizations serving youth under the age of 18 may be eligible for the nonprofit group rate of $5 per person. Examples of groups that qualify for this rate include Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Boys & Girls Clubs, church youth groups, etc.
Select city, county, state, and federal government organizations may qualify for the nonprofit group rate of $5 per person. Examples include the State Veteran’s Home and the Idaho Commission on the Blind.
Requirements for all groups:
- Reservation must be made at least two weeks in advance.
- The nonprofit discounted rate is only available Monday – Friday.
- One payment must be made in person, at the time of zoo admission, to receive the discounted school rate. Multiple methods of payment are not allowed.
- All participants within the group must enter at one time. Anyone entering separately will be charged the regular admission rate.
- If participants have a current Friends of Zoo Boise membership, the participant is admitted for free. The instructor can confirm the participant’s identity, however a membership card is required.
- The discounted nonprofit rate does not include admission to Butterflies in Bloom, Conservation Cruise, carousel rides, animal encounters, or other activities. Activity admission may be purchased separately at the activity site.
- Zoo Boise requests one chaperone or teacher for every five participants.
Self-Guided Field Trip
Please fill out the self-guided trip form and a Zoo Boise employee will get back to you to confirm reservation.