Family Zoo Ambassador Requirements:
- Up to two children (ages 10+) may volunteer side-by-side with their parent(s) or legal guardian(s)
- Must commit to a minimum of 24 hours of service May-September
- Shift Times: 10:00AM – 12:00PM, 12:45PM – 2:45PM
- Attend a volunteer interview – families attend together
- Complete a 4-hour orientation
- Parents and child(ren) must attend
- Successfully complete an introductory period of 15 hours
- Pay a $50 volunteer fee per family member
- Note: Financial assistance is available. Please contact the Volunteer Services Office for more details.
- Abide by all policies in the Volunteer Handbook.
- Enjoy working with people of all ages.
- Desire to further develop customer service, public speaking, and teaching skills as a family (training provided).
- Interested in educating the public about wildlife conservation.
- Must submit a negative TB test for each participating family member at own expense annually.
- Must be willing to submit to a Federal background check if deemed necessary by Zoo Boise staff.
Community & Group Volunteer Opportunities
We depend on volunteers to provide a fun, educational, and conservation-driven experience for each and every person that comes to Zoo Boise.
Adult Volunteering Options Are Available
No prior animal experience required, but a passion for wildlife and conservation is!