Whether interpreting habitats, assisting animal care staff, aiding with education programs, greeting guests, or helping with special events, volunteers are a crucial part of turning the act of visiting the zoo into a conservation action. No prior animal experience required, but a passion for wildlife and conservation is!
Adult Volunteers receive the following benefits:
- Active adult volunteers have the chance to earn memberships to Zoo Boise
- Reduced or free admission to participating zoos
- Subscription to our e-newsletter
- Discounts on education programs and gift shop or food café purchases
- Free admission to special recognition events for volunteers
- Pride in enhancing Zoo Boise, a community asset and wildlife conservation leader
What volunteers say about volunteering at Zoo Boise:
“The thing I love about Zoo Boise is that guests actively help conserve wild animal populations and increase species survival just by visiting.”
“I am a better student, member of the community, and potential DVM candidate because of my time spent at Zoo Boise.”
“I love Zoo Boise! The people who work there are fabulous. Everyone is nice and so caring about the animals and dedicated to their well-being.”
“I feel that the relationship between the zoo and its volunteers is very symbiotic. I have been given by the zoo as much if not more than I gave to the zoo.”
Community & Group Volunteer Opportunities
We depend on volunteers to provide a fun, educational, and conservation-driven experience for each and every person that comes to Zoo Boise.
Your Family Can Also Volunteer
Families who would like to volunteer together may do so as Zoo Ambassadors!