Frequently Asked Questions
We want to make your visit as enjoyable as possible. Here are some things you should know when visiting Zoo Boise:
- Can I reenter the zoo after paying admission?
Yes, but only on the same day of your paid admission until 4PM. Please retain your receipt and request a hand stamp from a gift shop employee. Hand stamps and receipts must be shown to the front gate attendants to reenter.
- Can I drop my kids off?
Children twelve (12) years of age and younger must be supervised at all times by an adult/guardian/caregiver (guardian must be at least 16 years of age).
- What items are prohibited at the zoo?
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- Skateboards, bikes, scooters, roller skates, and roller shoes
- Glass Bottles
Smoking and vaping are also prohibited.
If you do not follow these guidelines, you and your group will be asked to leave Zoo Boise.
- Can we bring food into the zoo?
Yes, but straws, glass, and alcohol are prohibited from being brought into the zoo. Please dispose of any trash or recycling properly.
- Where can I get first aid?
First aid is available at the front gate.
- What is the procedure for lost children (or adults)?
Lost children (or adults) will be escorted to the front gate to be reunited with their groups. If you lose a child in the zoo, please find a staff member for help locating him/her.
- Where is the lost & found?
Any items found on zoo grounds will be taken to the gift shop. Please call 208-608-7760.
- Are wagons and wheelchairs available for rent?
For wagon, stroller, wheelchair, and ECV scooter rental info, please visit the zoo amenities page.
- Are dogs allowed in Zoo Boise?
No pets are allowed into the zoo, except for service dogs. Companion animals are not allowed.
- Are service animals allowed in Zoo Boise?
Service animals are allowed in the zoo, but pets and companion animals are not.
- Can we touch or feed the animals?
No. For your safety, please stay on the public side of guard rails and ropes. Do not attempt to touch or feed any animals (except at animal encounters). All wild animals can be dangerous and our animal residents are on strictly controlled diets.
- Does Zoo Boise accept food or animal donations?
Zoo Boise is not currently accepting any food or animal donations. We appreciate you thinking of the zoo.